Sunday, December 29, 2013

Winterlicious Tag

My first tag blog post ever- so exciting!

1. Favorite Winter Nail Polish?
I would have to say either 5 Golden Rings by Spectrum Cosmetics (I had never heard of it before but my Grams got it for me for Christmas last year and I wore it non stop all winter) or Butter London British Racing Green-- it's my favorite hunter green color!



2. Favorite Winter Lip Product?
I am not one to splurge on makeup (I do that enough with my clothes) so my favorite winter lip product is Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet-- it's not too bright since the color is pretty sheer.
3. Most Worn Winter Clothing Piece?
I would have to say my J Crew Pixie Pants-- I wear them with absolutely everything since they are as thick as normal pants. But if you're going to get them, buy them from the factory store, they are like $20 cheaper and they are almost the exact same. (shhhhhh)
J Crew Pixie Pants- $98.00
4. Most Worn Winter Accessory?
Hands down my cream cableknit boot socks I found at Marshall's- they were in the clearance section without a tag when I spotted them-- I had been looking for them for FOREVER and a day and I finally found them. I wear them with both my riding boots and my Hunters to keep my feet warm. Sorry I don't have a picture for you! Here are some similar ones--


Also I really love my new scarf ( I just got it yesterday) from LouLou. It's the perfect winter plaid!

5. Favorite Winter Scent/Candle?
I'm actually burning it right now to be honest-- Yankee Candle in Mistletoe! Absolutely my favorite smell.

6. Favorite Winter Beverage?
Earl Grey Tea! Specifically, Ahmed Tea from London. (I am into all things British, if you can't already tell.) Can I include my favorite tea mug in this question? Its from Anthropoligie and it has an L on it for the short version of 'Elle', since it sounds the same. That may answer the question about my profile pic as well. 
Ahmed Tea from London- Earl Grey
Homegrown Monogram Mug from Anthropologie-$8.00 
7. All time favorite Christmas movie?
Actually I just saw Frozen in theaters yesterday and it ranks pretty high in my favorite Christmas movie list! I definitely recomend it. Also Elf, that's a classic for everyone. 


8. Favorite Christmas song?
My favorite christmas song happens to be THE Christmas song, you know, 'Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire...'? A classic. I'm into the classics.



9. Favorite Holiday food/treat?
My mom makes peppermint ice cream around Christmas time that I can't get enough of. You just mix vanilla ice cream with crushed candy canes, and you're done! I try to avoid the chocolate desserts since they give me painful headaches. 



10. What is your favorite Christmas Decoration this year?
Every year, my family puts electric candles in the windows, which I've grown to love. 

11. What was your favorite present you received on Christmas?
I got a ponte peplum top from J Crew from my Aunt that I am wearing right now, that is so flattering and cute for all seasons! I talk about it more in my 'What I got for Christmas' post. 

12. What are your holiday plans this year?
I had six Christmases with different family and extended family. I'm just staying in with a couple of my girlfriends on Christmas eve- it's our tradition to watch Mean Girls and get takeout on NYE.

My favorite movie of all time-
"Last week, I saw Katie Heron wearing army pants and flip flops. So I bought army pants and flip flops."


"Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas."a -Calvin Coolige

xx,

EKM

No comments:

Post a Comment